Application Questions: The Surpassing Worth of Christ
May 8, 2017 0 comments
WORD > LIFE > PRAYER: Phil 3.1-9
1. READ Phil 3.1-9. What's the context of this passage - i.e., where is it, who wrote it, etc.?
2. What do you observe as important or significant in this passage? Why is the apostle so alarmed?
3. Wes drew out ways we can find "confidence in the flesh" as we look to what we have done or can do for our identity and acceptance before God. In what ways do you find "confidence in the flesh" yourself?
4. How does the "surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus" help you in that regard? Specifically, how does the perfect righteousness that comes by faith in Jesus alone help you?
5. How can you pray for you that you might live in the good of this "surpassing worth"?
Comments for this post have been disabled